Job No: 3
Location: Grant Thornton Cayman Islands
Categories: Advisory/Financial services
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in many areas, including international banking and trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance, and offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax, and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown in size by five times over the past five years and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on delivering the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients are highly reputable, international financial service entities and service providers within the financial services community.
What does this mean for you?
Gain international experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world and work for a fast-growth firm that recognises high performance with fast-track promotion.
Why we’re looking for Seniors to join our growing Business Risk Advisory team
Our Business Risk Services team continues to grow. As we win new clients and promote within the team, we are looking for ambitious Seniors to deliver internal audit, compliance, and advisory projects with us.
About the role
Our team of professionals are thought leaders, providing personalised engagement and high-quality services to our clients.
When you join our advisory team, you will work closely with our Partners, Directors, Senior Managers, and Managers to deliver business risk and regulatory advisory services to our portfolio of financial services clients. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage projects from planning to completion, including organising your own time and maintaining good communication with your client and manager.
- Perform effective risk and control assessments.
- Perform regulatory compliance reviews in line with regulatory requirements
- Work effectively by allocating activities to colleagues.
- Review team members’ work for accuracy and completeness.
- Write clear, constructive reports and present your findings and recommendations on improving compliance and efficiency.
We are looking for candidates who have 2+ years’ sector experience in an Advisory/Consulting firm with a background in regulatory advisory reviews as an AML professional or operating reviews as a qualified internal auditor, with either:
- ACAMS Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or equivalent
- Institute of Internal Auditors Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Accountancy (CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA)
You will also have:
- Good English for report writing and delivering presentations.
- Previous risk advisory experience (2+ years) including internal audit, AML regulatory compliance and risk management in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
Other desirable skills and experience you may have that will support your application are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field.
- Experience in financial services and/or financial systems and processes.
- Big 4 audit experience.
How you will be rewarded
A career with a fast-growing firm that recognises great performance with fast-track promotion.
Our position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, and further benefits including medical cover and our company pension.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm.
Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands. Having the best team is where it begins.