Job type: Advisory
Location: Grant Thornton Cayman Islands
Categories: Advisory/Financial services
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance and of course a world leader in offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including funds, banks & trusts, insurance and reinsurance, and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
What does this mean for you?
You will gain international experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world and work for a fast-growth firm that recognises high performance that will lead to fast-track promotion.
We are looking for Managers to join our growing Business Risk Services team
Our Business Risk Services team continues to grow. As we win new clients and promote within the team, we are looking for an ambitious Manager to deliver internal audit, compliance and advisory projects with us.
About the role
Our professionals are thought leaders providing personalised attention and quality service to our clients.
When you join our advisory team, you will work closely with our Partners, Directors, Senior Managers, and Managers to deliver business risk and regulatory advisory services to our portfolio of financial services clients. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the other Managers, Partners and Directors on allocations, resourcing, people and clients.
- Managing a portfolio of client engagements which will include maintaining the client relationship and execution of quality work in a timely manner to meet client needs.
- Reviewing work and client deliverables prepared by the team for accuracy and compliance.
- Engaging with your clients and responding to their needs on a timely basis.
- Recruitment and supporting the retention of high-quality people.
- Formulating professional development plans for individuals on the team to grow and develop.
- Contributing towards managing the firm’s business, either through developing people or processes.
- Business development, including involvement in the proposal process.
What you need
We are looking for a fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA or Institute of Internal Auditors Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) with 5+ years of relevant experience to join our fast-growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field, or CIA is required.
- An advanced degree (e.g., Master’s in Accounting, MBA, etc.) is a plus.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- 1+ years of manager experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm
- Experience in IT and/or cybersecurity audits with an understanding of practical industry regulations and standards such as Sarbanes–Oxley, ISO27000, NIST, CMMC and, GDPR, is advantageous.
- Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills
- Ability to take ownership of your portfolio and meet deadlines, have attention to detail and be a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with multiple teams concurrently.
What you'll get
A career with a fast-growing firm that directly rewards performance with fast-track promotion.
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.