- Assistant Manager/Manager - US Tax
Grant Thornton Cayman Islands are seeking a motivated individual to join a newly established and rapidly growing US tax practice in the Cayman Islands.
Grant Thornton Cayman Islands has a vibrant and growing audit and tax practice focused on providing the best quality services on the island.
Our clients consist of predominantly of financial services entities – captive insurance and hedge funds.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join a newly established and rapidly growing US tax practice in the Cayman Islands. Group focus is towards the hedge fund and private equity space, but duties may include corporate, individual, insurance and withholding taxes from time to time. Candidate should be a self-starter, technically adept, and personable.
Responsibilities and essential tasks:
Preparation of tax returns and supporting tax workpapers/analysis for US investor reporting for hedge funds and private equity client base in accordance with laws and regulations.
Able to identify and investigate tax issues that arise related to client operations.
Build lasting relationships with clients and provide planning, consulting and technical expertise.
What you need:
- CA/ACA/CPA/ACCA qualified. Proficient in English.
- Able to communicate tax issues in non-technical language to assist with client understanding.
- 3+ years experience in US tax.
- Experience with investment funds and partnerships preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with GoRS
- Deadline oriented, dependable
- Ability to read and understand legal documents and complex transactions
- Problem solving ability
What you'll get:
This position is offered with a competitive compensation package and bonus scheme, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
We provide great career growth opportunities and benefits. Our aim is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands and having the best team is where it all begins.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your current resume through to HR@ky.gt.com or get in touch for the full job description - we'd love to talk.
Please note this role is based in the Cayman Islands.