- Audit Director - Funds
Grant Thornton in the Cayman Islands are looking for Audit Director to join their growing Funds audit team.
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance and of course a world leader in offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including funds, banks & trusts, insurance and reinsurance, and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
What does this mean for you?
- International experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world.
- Working for a fast growth firm that recognises high performance will lead to fast-track promotion.
- There is a real opportunity to become a partner of the firm in a shorter timeframe than anywhere else, entirely based on your performance and therefore within your control.
We are looking for Audit Directors to join our growing International Funds team.
About the role:
This is a leadership role within our audit practice, and we are looking for people with proven experience leading teams in performing audits on a high volume of clients within the funds industry. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Directing and leading the audits for a portfolio mainly consisting of fund entities.
- Engaging with your clients and responding to their needs on a timely basis.
- Inspiring your team to perform, grow and develop as professionals, regardless of their level within the firm.
- Advising your clients on technical audit, accounting or business process matters arising as a result of audit work. This may include technical research.
- Driving new business by involving yourself in firm-wide business development activities and developing your own personal relationships and networks within the industry.
- Contributing towards managing the firm’s business, either through developing people, processes, approach, or new business.
- Sharing your ideas with the leadership team, including your fellow directors and partners. This will cover all business matters with objective of continued high-quality growth.
This is one of the highest positions in the firm, with a true opportunity to become a partner within a short period of time, so we are looking for people who are looking to drive Grant Thornton Cayman Islands as if it were their own business. You will therefore have a clear commitment to the firm’s growth strategy and a passion to ensure it is achieved. You will lead your team’s technical understanding and possess a leadership style that attracts and retains talent.
What you need:
We are looking for fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with a minimum of 8+ years of relevant international funds experience in addition to:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field is required.
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Accounting, MBA, etc.) is a plus.
- A successful record of attracting, hiring, retaining, and directing an audit team.
- 8+ years of direct experience in financial services with relevant international funds experience.
- Top 5 audit firm experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS, and ISA and US GAAS rules and standards is required.
What you'll get:
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension. Consistent high performance will likely result in promotion to partner.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.
If you are interested in applying for this role based in the Cayman Islands, please send your current resume through to HR@ky.gt.com - we'd love to talk.