Audit Manager - Funds
Grant Thornton in the Cayman Islands are looking for Audit Managers to join their growing Funds audit team.
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance and of course a world leader in offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including funds, banks & trusts, insurance and reinsurance, and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
What does this mean for you?
You will gain international experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world and work for a fast growth firm that recognises high performance that will lead to fast-track promotion.
We are looking for Audit Managers to join our growing Funds team.
About the role:
Our professionals are thought leaders providing personalised attention and quality service to our clients.
By joining our Audit department, you will work closely with our audit partners, directors and fellow managers and senior managers to provide audit services to our portfolio of funds clients. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Participating in the management of the business.
- Working with the other Managers, Partners and Directors on allocations, resourcing, people and clients.
- Managing the audits for a portfolio mainly consisting of funds.
- Reviewing audit work and client deliverables prepared by the team for accuracy and compliance.
- Reviewing financial statements in accordance with the relevant accounting standards.
- Engaging with your clients and responding to their needs on a timely basis.
- Recruitment and supporting the retention of high-quality people.
- Formulating professional development plans for individuals on the team to grow and develop.
- Contributing towards managing the firm’s business, either through developing people or processes.
What you need:
We are looking for fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with 5+ years relevant experience to join our fast-growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field is required.
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Accounting, MBA, etc.) is a plus.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- 2+ years of hedge funds financial services audit experience.
- 1+ years audit manager experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm
- Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS, and ISA and US GAAS rules and standards is required.
- Ability to take ownership of your portfolio and meet deadlines, have attention to detail and be a team player.
What you'll get:
A career with a fast-growing firm that directly rewards performance with fast-track promotion.
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.
If you are interested in applying for this role based in the Cayman Islands, please send your current resume through to HR@ky.gt.com - we'd love to talk.