Head of People & Culture
Grant Thornton in the Cayman Islands are looking for a Head of People & Culture to lead the development and drive our ‘People First’ strategy.
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance and of course a world leader in offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including funds, banks & trusts, insurance and reinsurance, and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
We are looking for an HR professional with leadership experience, to provide strategic HR direction and help shape the future of the firm. The successful candidate will join our high growth environment, develop and deliver a People and Culture plan in line with our business strategy, and run the HR function of the firm.
About the role:
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop annual P&C plan, based on firms 5-year strategic plan and annual growth objectives.
- Plan and coordinate people needs, relative to strategic plans of the firm, which includes central services and accounting professionals within audit, tax and advisory teams.
- Liaise with Marketing & Communications on jointly overseeing culture – strategically and operationally within the firm.
- Obtain Gold Standard IIP accreditation or similar accreditation.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Support operational teams and liaise with marketing/communications and immigration around advertising vacancies.
- Help with collation of candidates and weigh in on selection process.
- Liaise with teams around coordination of interviews, and ensure interviews are conducted and recorded appropriately. Join in on certain interview stages for certain key individuals.
- Ensure onboarding in BambooHR is complete, where onboarding includes IT, Finance, Administration, Compliance and Operations.
- Support the immigration and relocation of overseas staff.
- Issuing, updating and maintaining employment contracts, ensuring all contracts are compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Oversee the HR folder and HR related documents on SharePoint.
Monitoring compliance with HR policies/procedures and with firm Risk Management Manual, including independence and other annual declarations.
- Managing the resolution process for any employment related matters, including performance issues and both gross and/or persistent misconduct. Support to leadership on employee termination, if needed.
- Update self professionally on changes to labor and immigration law and advise partners/directors on appropriate employment practices.
- Tracking work permit expiry dates, and liaising with immigration on timely renewal to ensure continued and uninterrupted employment, or timely termination to optimize costs.
- Oversee BambooHR system monitoring of vacation and other leave.
Performance Appraisal and Coaching
- Enhancing the annual appraisal process, from goal setting to engagement review and to annual appraisal.
- Directly linking annual performance bonus to performance and making the process entirely transparent.
- Directly linking career progress and promotion to performance and making the track visible to everyone within the firm.
- Developing a coaching process where coaches are identified and allocated to all people, where the coach helps individuals get to where they want to go.
- Support coaches through coaching development opportunities and be directly involved in coaching of senior management staff.
- Develop and report KPIs to leadership that captures process steps and shows progress throughout the year with any exceptions when they arise.
Training & Development
- Participate in relevant committees to ensure there is a cross functional representation for L&D within the firm.
- Ensure training and development goals are met and recorded for each individual.
- Maintain annual training and development plans and budgets and ensure there is a strategic link between training development with goals of the firm.
- Develop and report KPIs to leadership that presents meaningful information about CPE/CPD for the firm and for individuals along with exceptions that arise.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Post graduate qualification with a focus on human resources is desirable
- 8+ years of experience in a HR/P&C role, of which at least 3 years has been at a leadership level
- Strong administrative skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Windows based programs: Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Proficiency in HR software desirable
- Excellent communication, written and oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle highest level confidential information.
- Must possess the ability to learn and adapt to changes in process and growth. Must be able to learn the business and understand the overall “picture” of the office operations.
What you'll get:
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.
If you are interested in applying for this role based in the Cayman Islands, please send your current resume through to HR@ky.gt.com - we'd love to talk.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS ONLY OPEN TO CAYMANIAN AND RIGHT TO WORK APPLICANTS.