- HR People & Culture Manager
We are seeking an experienced HR People & Culture Manager to join our high growth environment at Grant Thornton.
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of over 50,000 people serving clients in more than 130 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Grant Thornton Cayman Islands are the fastest growing professional services firm in Grand Cayman. Over the past three years, the organisation has undergone a significant business transformation. We have trebled the size of our practice and have even bigger growth plans with a clear focus on providing top quality audit services on the island.
The HR People & Culture Manager is a new role within the Grant Thornton Cayman Islands team and is the perfect position for an experienced HR professional with leadership experience, to provide strategic HR direction and help shape the future of the firm.
The successful candidate will join our high growth environment, develop and deliver a People and Culture plan in line with our business strategy, and run the HR function of the firm.
Job duties include:
- Develop annual P&C plan, based on firms 5-year strategic plan and annual growth objectives.
- Plan and coordinate people needs, relative to strategic plans of the firm, which includes central services and accounting professionals within audit, tax and advisory teams.
- Liaise with Marketing & Communications on jointly overseeing culture – strategically and operationally within the firm.
- Obtain Gold Standard IIP accreditation or similar accreditation.
- Jointly oversee BambooHR system with Internal Reporting Officer, with monitoring of vacation and other leave.
- Maintain and update employment contracts, ensuring all staff levels have an up-to-date contract relative to their existing role and ensuring that contract is compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Tidying up and overseeing the HR folder and HR related documents on SharePoint.
- Monitoring compliance with HR policies/procedures and with firm Risk Management Manual, including independence and other annual declarations.
- Developing and overseeing a resolution process for any employment related matters, including performance issues and both gross and/or persistent misconduct. Support to leadership on employee termination, if needed.
- Update self professionally on changes to labor and immigration law and advise partners/directors on appropriate employment practices.
- Tracking work permit expiry dates, and liaising with immigration on timely renewal to ensure continued and uninterrupted employment, or timely termination to optimize costs.
Performance Appraisal and Coaching
- Enhancing the annual appraisal process, from goal setting to engagement review and to annual appraisal.
- Directly linking annual performance bonus to performance and making the process entirely transparent.
- Directly linking career progress and promotion to performance and making the track visible to everyone within the firm.
- Developing a coaching process where coaches are identified and allocated to all people, where the coach helps individuals get to where they want to go.
- Support coaches by coaching development and be directly involved in coaching of senior management staff.
- Develop and report KPIs to leadership that captures process steps and shows progress throughout the year with any exceptions when they arise.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Support operational teams determine needs and liaise with marketing/communications and immigration around advertising vacancies.
- Liaise with operational teams around coordination of interviews, and ensure interviews are conducted and recorded appropriately. Join in on certain interview stages for certain key individuals.
- Help with collation of candidates and weigh in on selection process.
- Ensure onboarding in BambooHR is complete, where onboarding includes IT, Finance, Administration, Compliance and Operations.
- Support the immigration and relocation of overseas staff.
Training & Development
- Participate on the training committee (from a central services perspective).
- Ensure training and development goals are met and recorded for each individual along with actual training and development received.
- Maintain annual training and development plans and budgets and ensure there is a strategic link between training development with goals of the firm.
- Develop and report KPIs to leadership that presents meaningful information about CPE/CPD for the firm and for individuals along with exceptions that arise.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Post graduate qualification with a focus on human resources is desirable
- 8+ years of experience in a HR/P&C role, of which at least 2 years has been at a leadership level
- Strong administrative skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Windows based programs: Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Proficiency in HR software desirable
- Excellent communication, written and oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation. Able to handle highest level confidential information.
- Must possess the ability to learn and adapt to changes in process and growth. Must be able to learn the business and understand the overall “picture” of the office operations.
What you’ll get
This position is offered with a competitive salary and a generous compensation package including bonus scheme, and standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Get in touch for a chat, find out a little bit more about us, and see if you want to join us on our growth journey...we’d love to hear from you.
This role is based in Grand Cayman.
Are you interested in being part of the GT Experience?
Email your resume to HR@ky.gt.com .