- Audit Manager - Insurance
Grant Thornton in the Cayman Islands are looking for Audit Managers to join their growing Insurance audit team.
The Cayman Islands is recognised as a major international financial centre with leadership in a number of areas, including top international banking centre, the world's leading domicile for offshore hedge funds, the second largest captive insurance centre and a world leader in structured finance.
Grant Thornton Cayman Islands is the fastest growing professional services firm in the Cayman Islands. We have tripled in size over the past three years, and have a vibrant and diverse audit practice, focused on providing the best quality audit services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of financial services entities – captive insurance and hedge funds, but we also service a number of local entities.
We are looking for Audit Managers to join our growing Insurance team.
About the role:
We work with some of the country’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most.
We help them better understand their businesses and improve their overall financial reporting processes. We consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses, and provide insightful and sound operational advice, recommend process improvement strategies, and offer suggestions to manage risk.
Our professionals are thought leaders providing personalised attention and quality service to our clients.
We are looking for a highly motivated individuals to join our expanding Audit and Assurance team. You will be charged with managing a significant portfolio of clients and managing a team of audit staff. The role involves providing audit and related services to a portfolio of captive insurance clients.
By joining our Audit department, you will work closely with our audit partners and you will have a real opportunity to provide a valued opinion within the team. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
What you need:
We are looking for fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with 5+ years relevant experience to join our fast-growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field is required.
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Accounting, MBA, etc.) is a plus.
- Fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- 2+ years of financial services – preferably insurance - audit experience.
- 1+ years audit manager experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm
- Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS, and ISA and US GAAS rules and standards is required.
- Ability to take ownership of your portfolio and meet deadlines, have attention to detail and be a team player.
What you'll get:
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.
If you are interested in applying for this role based in the Cayman Islands, please send your current resume through to HR@ky.gt.com - we'd love to talk.