Location: Grant Thornton Cayman Islands
Categories: Insurance / Reinsurance/Financial services
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, offshore funds, structured finance and of course a world leader in international insurance and reinsurance.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including insurance and reinsurance, hedge and private equity funds, banks & trusts and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
What does this mean for you?
You will gain international experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world and work for a fast growth firm that recognizes high performance that will lead to fast-track promotion.
We are looking for Audit Seniors to join our growing Insurance & Corporate audit team.
About the role
Our professionals are thought leaders providing personalised attention and quality service to our clients.
By joining our Audit department, you will work closely with our audit partners, directors, managers, senior managers, and fellow seniors to provide audit services to our portfolio of insurance and commercial clients. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of clients from audit planning to completion, including organising own time and submission for manager review on a timely basis.
- Allocate responsibilities to junior / staff auditors.
- Review junior team members’ work for accuracy and compliance.
- Perform effective risk and control assessments, including accounting technical matters.
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency.
- Constantly develop your understanding of current market and industry trends and processes and share your knowledge to develop junior colleagues by providing on the job training on Audit skills and industry matters.
- Understand our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and demonstrate a dedication to continually improve our services and broaden our business relationships where possible.
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations.
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details.
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery.
What you need
We are looking for fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with 2+ years relevant experience to join our fast-growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages would be an asset but not required.
- Previous audit experience (2+ years) in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm and the ability to work unsupervised are essential.
- Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Experience auditing Financial Services entities is essential; experience in insurance audits is highly desirable.
- Ability to take ownership of your portfolio and meet deadlines, have attention to detail and be a team player.
- Knowledge of NAIC standards and knowledge of STAT accounting is highly desirable.
What you get
A career with a fast-growing firm that directly rewards performance with fast-track promotion.
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Aligned with our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm.
Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best people is where it all begins.