We provide U.S. tax services to asset managers and captive insurance companies, helping clients and their stakeholders to effectively navigate a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
Our U.S. Tax team specializes in the U.S. tax reporting requirements faced by hedge funds, private equity firms, investment managers, and captive insurance companies. Our deep expertise and technical capabilities help you achieve peace of mind by providing comprehensive, timely, and accurate reporting. We have experience working with both global and regional clients and have the local resources available to provide you with the following:
- US Tax services for alternative investment structures, general partners/managing members and advisors, and captive insurance companies
- Preparation and review of federal, state, and local income tax returns and elections
- Preparation of investors’ Schedule K-1s, Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) statements, and other investor reporting
- Calculation of U.S. federal and state tax withholding and preparation of related filings
- Quarterly estimated tax computations and preparation of filings related to required payments
- Liaising with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to resolve tax notices and assessments
- Analysis related to the tax treatment of complex financial instruments, corporate actions, non-U.S. investments, annual trader vs. investor analysis and deductions planning
- Analysis and determination of PFIC status of entities and investments
- In-year analysis of investment portfolios for tax minimization opportunities such as tax loss harvesting, wash sales and constructive sales analysis, holding periods, and other areas for potential reduction in your entities’ and your investors’ U.S. tax liabilities
As part of the broader Grant Thornton global network, an even wider range of U.S. tax compliance advisory services is available.
In an ever-evolving and complex tax reporting landscape, the potential exists for significant penalties from both a financial and reputational aspect. It has never been more important to ensure your tax compliance functions are robust, efficient, and comprehensive. Let Grant Thornton Cayman Islands partner with you to turn today’s tax challenges into tomorrow’s successes.