Job type: Asset management
Location: Grant Thornton Cayman Islands
Categories: Asset management/Financial services
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance and of course a world leader in offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax, and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including funds, banks & trusts, insurance and reinsurance, and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
What does this mean for you?
You will gain international experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world and work for a fast-growing firm that recognises high performance that will lead to fast-track promotion.
We are looking for Audit Seniors to join our growing Funds audit teams.
About the role
Our professionals are thought leaders providing personalised attention and quality service to our clients.
By joining our Audit department, you will work closely with our audit partners, directors and fellow managers and senior managers to provide audit services to our portfolio of funds clients. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage portfolio of clients from audit planning to completion, including organising own time and submission for manager review on a timely basis.
- Allocate responsibilities to junior / staff auditors.
- Review junior team members’ work for accuracy and compliance.
- Perform effective risk and control assessments.
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency.
What you need
We are looking for fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with 2+ years relevant experience to join our fast-growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field is required.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Previous audit experience (2+ years) in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm and the ability to work unsupervised are essential.
- Big-4 audit experience is a plus.
- A proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS are strongly desired.
- Experience auditing Financial Services entities is essential; experience in fund audits is highly desirable.
- Ability to take ownership of your portfolio and meet deadlines, have attention to detail and be a team player.
What you'll get
A career with a fast-growing firm that directly rewards performance with fast-track promotion.
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension.
Aligned to our rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm.
Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.