Location: Grant Thornton Cayman Islands
Categories: Asset management/Financial services
The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and (re)insurance, structured finance, and of course a world leader in offshore funds.
Grant Thornton is the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. We have grown five times in size over the past four years, and have a vibrant and diverse practice, focused on providing the best quality services to our clients.
Our clients consist predominantly of highly reputable and internationally based financial services entities including funds, banks & trusts, insurance and (re)insurance, and various other entities and service providers within the financial services community.
Why join Team GT?
As an Audit Manager on our Asset Management team, you will gain invaluable international experience in a global and dynamic industry at a fast-growing firm that rewards high performance with accelerated career progression.
About the role
As an Audit Manager on the Asset Management team, you will be an integral part of the management team, reporting directly to the partners and directors. You will manage a portfolio of Alternative Investment Fund clients, and your primary responsibilities will include:
- Engagement management: Oversee the audit process for a portfolio of clients, delivering a high-quality client experience whilst ensuring compliance with relevant audit standards and methodologies.
- Quality assurance: Review audit work, financial statements and client deliverables for accuracy and compliance with applicable standards.
- Client-centric service: Maintain an ongoing relationship with clients, ensuring their needs are met promptly and effectively.
- Team development: Recruit, retain, and mentor high-quality staff who share our commitment to audit quality and exceptional client service.
- Resource management: Collaborate with the management team on resource planning and staff allocation.
- Business strategy: Actively support the firm in the pursuit of its strategic business goals, ensuring that working practices and client interactions align with the broader objectives of the firm.
- Operational support: Support the ongoing development of operational processes to ensure scalability, effectiveness, and efficiency of the firm’s operational processes.
What you need
- Fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with a minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, including proficiency in accounting and auditing standards such as US GAAP, IFRS, ISA and US GAAS
- At least two years of asset management / funds audit experience
- At least one year as an audit manager in a medium to large public accounting firm
What you'll get
Develop your career with a fast-growing firm that rewards high performance with accelerated career progression.
This position is offered with a highly competitive compensation package and bonus structure, plus standard benefits such as medical and pension. Due to our continued rapid growth, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. Our mission is to offer the best audit services in the Cayman Islands, and having the best team is where it all begins.