Katie is a manager in Grant Thornton’s Specialist Services (‘GTSS’) practice in the Cayman Islands. Katie is a Chartered Accountant and has worked with both boutique and internationally recognised specialist recovery firms, culminating in 8 years of complex restructuring experience in both Ireland and the Cayman Islands. Katie joined the GTSS Large and Complex insolvency team in November 2020.
Katie has extensive experience in managing contentious engagements, and has overseen a large variety of projects including, cross border liquidations, corporate simplifications, contentious receiverships, asset tracing and forensic reviews across numerous jurisdictions including the Europe, Asia, Latin America, the United States, and the Caribbean.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Business & Spanish (University College Dublin)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Cayman Islands Institute of Professional Accounts (CIIPA)
- Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman) (RISA)
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Managing the liquidation of one of the Caribbean’s largest conglomerate entities, with over 150 subsidiaries, including the divestment of operating entities in sectors such as retail, hospitality, insurance, shipping, and property development, with assets of the group totalling over US$500m in value.
- Managing the Receivership of the shares in a Cayman TopCo structure, with more than US$500m of asset value in the structure, with assets/subsidiaries spanning numerous jurisdictions including the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Isle of Man, Delaware and Curacao. Successfully obtaining Swiss recognition of the Cayman Islands Receivership and utilising US1782 discovery proceedings to compel the production of records.
- Managing the liquidation of a Cayman TopCo structure, with downstream hospitality assets held via subsidiaries in the PRC, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Liaising with service providers in numerous jurisdictions to facilitate the corporate simplification of a complex corporate structure and ensuring replacement of directors where applicable.
- Managing asset recovery work concerning the sale of a non-performing loan portfolio in Latin America totalling over US$120m in value.