Professional Bio: Mohammad Hayat - Director
Mohammad is an Audit Director in Grant Thornton’s Asset Management team in the Cayman Islands. He is responsible for the delivery of audit and other assurance services to clients in the financial services sector.
In 2008, Mohammad joined a top international accounting firm in Karachi, Pakistan and has worked in Saudi Arabia and Dallas, serving the asset management and banking industries. In 2020, he was appointed Audit Director, and joined Grant Thornton Cayman Islands.
Mohammad has provided assurance and third-party service provider attest services to international and regional financial services institutions, including asset management firms, hedge funds, private equity funds, registered investment companies, and banks. These entities reported under International Financial Reporting Standards or US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- BCom, University of Karachi, Pakistan
- Associate Chartered Accountant, Pakistan (ACA)
- Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Level III candidate
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)