Stephen is a Partner on the Asset Management team at Grant Thornton Cayman Islands. He qualified as a Certified Public Accountant in 2010 and as a Chartered Financial Analyst 2015. Stephen is responsible for the delivery of audit and other assurance services to clients in the financial services sector.
Stephen has provided assurance and third party service provider attest services to international and regional financial services institutions, including asset management firms, hedge funds, registered investment companies, private equity funds, and fund administrators. He also spent two years in a top international accounting firm’s Asset Management practice in Dublin, providing audit services to alternative investment funds, investment companies and asset managers reporting under both US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards.
Stephen joined a top international accounting firm in New York City in 2009 and has worked in Houston, Dallas, Denver and Dublin serving the asset management industry. In 2019, he was appointed Audit Director and in 2021 joined Grant Thornton’s team in the Cayman Islands. In 2023, Stephen was appointed Partner at Grant Thornton Cayman Islands.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- BS in Accounting, Brigham Young University, USA
- MS in Accounting, Boise State University, USA
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Texas
- Member and licensed practitioner of the Cayman Islands Society of Professional Accountant (CISPA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)